Healing Hearts and Minds
My passion in therapy and in coaching is to guide students and adults living with ADHD to develop emotional structure and meaningful attention on what matters in their lives: business, education, fun, family, relationships – in all the ways a passionate life makes a difference.
My vision is a healed and emotionally balanced heart, mind, and soul. My passion in my professional work grew from the belief that undiagnosed and untreated ADHD is a social injustice, a phrase I first heard at the 2013 conference of the ADHD Coaches Organization’s international conference.
Do you recognize yourself under any of these categories?
- academic challenges,
- have been fired,
- cannot maintain a job
- learning disabilities,
- behavioral challenges (inattention, distraction, hyperactivity or executive function issues like organization, time management, decision making, prioritizing)
- sleep issues
- in and out of jail/prison
- marital problems with someone you love?
My mission is to make a difference in the lives of people living with ADHD through:
- Individual, family, and marriage therapy and coaching
- Academic coaching
- Business Consulting
- School & Business Presentations
- Ask for what you don’t see mentioned!
You will co-create your solution with my direction using any of the following:
- Working with attention and focus development in students and professionals for better relationships, academic standing and business success
- Regular contact by email and phone – life happens outside of the coaching session
- Resolving emotional problems through Brainspotting, a type of brain-based trigger-point release
- Using Guided imagery for problem resolution
- Using Handwriting analysis to show a client’s personal relationship with attention – this assessment is used to show clients their attention status as it is expressed in their handwriting
- Using metaphor and meditation to develop Right brain solutions and healing
- Using Left brain skill development (organization and prioritizing) and support for creative people who are right brain dominant
My favorite endorsements:
- I learned more about ADHD from Maureen in one hour than I did in six months with my psychiatrist. Photographer L. B., age 48
- Maureen is a gem as an ADD coach and mentor. Her gentle guidance helped me reclaim and embrace skills, strengths and resources I already had, and encouraged me to own them. Her clear and focused approach helped me prioritize issues and projects and pave the way for growth and new opportunities. Her flexible work style is perfect for short or long term collaboration. She’s always available as a sounding board to help you find your own solutions and point you in the right direction. I will continue to work with her in the years to come. Maria/Mediaspan Communications, age 38
- This afternoon was the first time in my adult life that I was able to converse with another person about my ADD. Thank you for showing me the computer program that I will be able to use; the one that will read back my letters and documents will get daily use. James, age 65
My Coach Training and Other Experience Includes:
- Specialist in the neuro-psychology of attention challenges
- Joined A Woman’s Space, a psychotherapeutic practice. Under the supervision/direction of Dr. Claudia Crenshaw
- Shire Pharmaceutical ADHD Coach for scholarship college students
- Brainspotting Phase III trained
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor
- Master’s in Community Counseling
- 2014/15 internship at Mill Springs Academy, a grades 1-12 academy for students with ADHD/LD
- Co-contributor to ‘365 Ways to Succeed with ADHD,’ October, 2011
- Radio interview, America’s Web Radio on ADHD Awareness, September, 2011
- Facebook, I Am the Face of ADHD
- Editor, ADHD Coaches Organization newsletter, Circle
- JST Coaching, LLC Certification
- Edge Foundation Certification, 2009
- Post Modern Graphology certification, Level I, 2009
- International Coaching Federation ACC Credentialing, 2008
- Certified Brainspotting Provider, 2007
- Certified Graduate, LifeWorks School of Coaching, Atlanta, Ga., 2007
- Certifed Graduate, ADD Coach Academy, ADD Coach, 2004
- ADD Adult Group Coaching Leader, 2002 – Present
- Former Editor, Kids Enabled Magazine, 2006-2008
- Argosy University, Atlanta, Master’s in Community Counseling, 2015
- The ADHD Coaching Academy, 2004
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Graduate Studies in Architecture
- Studies in Architectural design and the physics of building. I used this education to enhance my English degree to go on to become a trade magazine editor in the field of Design and Graphics in architecture and engineering.
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- B.A., English and Education, Certificate in Education
My Clients Include:
- IT Specialists
- Stay at home Moms
- Students from high school all the way through Ph.D. programs including IT and Design, Medicine and Nursing
- Family members needing information
- Women in transition
- Addicts in Recovery and
- other professionals needing consultations.
- AND YOU!
I live in Pine Lake, Georgia, a tiny, artist-filled city. I am an ADHD-diagnosed mom of two adult children who themselves have struggled with ADD/HD. My daughter is an amazing, intelligent young woman who teaches ESL at the University of Vermont; and my musical son is a film trailer composer living in Los Angeles.
I hand craft women’s jewelry. You’ll find me as the Jewelry Whisperer on FB!